Saturday, April 21, 2007

Call this one UNTITLED

My last blog drew a bit of criticism from one of my own agents, describing it as negative in my depiction of our Orland office performance. I am sorry, but not for the depiction. Could have been left unsaid of course, but if I don't talk about what's happening, and honestly, then why do I write, and why would you read? Happily, both Chico and Orland are seeing a nice flow of activity now. Home prices are declining, and are likely to decline further. The realization of this fact of the marketplace has not influenced many would-be sellers to drop asking prices into realistic range. The web hits we are getting on our site and partner sites for our listed properties number in the thousands in some cases, and yet no offers are forthcoming on many of them. In our business that simply points to a disconnect between seller expectation and the reality of the buying marketplace. Our job is marketing, and as humbly as possible I'll state that we're as good as it gets. If we put property before an interested audience and nothing happens, the problem does not lie with us. Possibly the best view of the current housing situation and its enormous impact across the whole economy appears in this article http://www.pimco.com/LeftNav/Global+Markets/Global+Credit+Perspectives/2007/U.S.+Credit+Perspectives-+5-2007.htm Be advised it is long, but well worth the time to at least scan it. No doubt my own troops and probably some others will accuse me of introducing negative information into this blog, but I feel knowledge confers power and our ability to serve professionally is enhanced by having a knowledgeable client. That, we hope, is you.
Just before leaving let me note that we are doing everything in our power to reach the people with loans that are about to become troublesome to offer our services in converting to safer loan vehicles. We have a quality stable of lenders we use, and those who know us for our intense client focus know that we will provide the best for the least.

As usual, thanks for visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home